5 August 2018:
A strong earthquake had struck North Lombok in North Nusa Tenggara (5/8/2018). No tourist has been reported injured by the quake. Situation in Lombok and Bali remains conducive. Lombok International Airport and Bali Ngurah Rai International Airport are operating normally. Tsunami early warning has been lifted by the Indonesian Agency for Meteorology, Climatology, and Geophysics (BMKG) at 20.25 Western Indonesian Time.
We encourages tourist and visitor to stay calm and alert, follow government instruction, and keep updated only from official sources
@infoBMKG and @BNPB_Indonesia. or consular related issues, kindly contact Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ contact persons: Mr. Erie Nur Bawono (+6287776662309) or You can also call NTB Tourism Crisis Center for Lombok Earthquake at +6281283560608.
6 August 2018:
- 1000 foreign and domestic tourists were evacuated from Gili Trawangan, Gili Air and Gili Meno in northern Lombok. There was no casualties from the tourists. The team used 3 boats for the evacuation
- 280 foreigners and 150 locals has been evacuated (8/6/2018, 1.55 PM)
- Approx.500 people are still waiting to be evacuated, accompanied by 320 SAR team members;
- 6 patrol boats are still evacuating people;
- No foreigners casualties has been reported
7 August 2018:
- As of 7/8, there were 98 casualties, all are Indonesian nationals.
- There were approx 2000 foreign tourists in Lombok & 1870 has been evacuated. The evacuations were conducted using 6 government vessels and 3 private ones from Gili Trawangan, Gili Air, dan Gili Meno
- The Indonesian Govt has provided 75 free accommodations for the foreign nationals, spread out in 3 hotels in Lombok
- For those who are affected with the earthquake, please contact Foreign Visitor Help Desk for Lombok Earthquake at+62 878-6412-4151.
5 August 2018: